Our Commitments - Inclusion
In line with our global inclusion strategy, GIC created its program, offerings, and interventions with a ‘Consumer First’ mindset, which in this case is our employees. The policies drive equity and are aimed at building a workplace that celebrates the culture of belonging and values innovation, agility, performance, and growth.
An ongoing objective at GIC Diversity and Inclusion continues to create an inclusive, safe, and sustainable workplace so that employees grow professionally and feel respected. Four key dimensions of diversity have been identified for focus in the short term — Gender, LGBTQ+, Mental Health and Personality. It operates according to the below three-core strategy:
- INCLUSION: AWARENESS AND ACCEPTANCE
- CREATING WORKFORCE INCLUSION
- CULTURE OF INCLUSION
Over past few years, General Mills has run a series of awareness and sensitization sessions around the 4 dimensions of diversity. We also run communication campaigns on these topics, which has helped us build a strong foundation for our ongoing journey.
The goal is to attract, retain, develop, and advance a diverse workforce. To build a strong foundation, Council members (representation of leaders from various teams at India), leaders & HR Partners came together to lay down a path for action planning the D&I journey relevant to each function at GIC that operates to cater to different businesses.
Some of our policy benefits are:
- Enrolling same sex partners in our Company’s Mediclaim policy.
- LGBTQ+ community representation on our Internal Complaints Committee.
- Medical Insurance benefit to include an additional coverage for IVF treatment for women employees and spouses of male employees.
- Parental Policy that will extend paternity leave up to 30 days and make adoption leave consistent with maternity leaves for single parents, i.e., 6 months.